In my web app, i was displaying the SSRS report using Microsoft Report Viewer Control. On loading the web app to view the report, was getting this error:

"The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)"

Found the following solution, thought of sharing:

a. Go to Report Manager under "http://localhost/Reports".
b. Click on Properties tab.
c. Go to Security options.
d. Choose New Role Assignment.
e. Add in the 'Group or user name' -> 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
f. Assign 'Browser' role to 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' user.

This should fix the problem. I was able to see my SSRS reports in my web app.

1 comments

  1. Abdulaziz Nasser // July 13, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

    Thanks very much. It's work with me :)